• Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Another "Quit My Job" Story

Daniel I.
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Jul 17 2015, 17:38

Well, today was my last day at my day job! It wasn't necessarily done to start investing full-time, but hear me out. 

My girlfriend and I are packing up and moving from Chicago to LA. Chasing after some warm weather, sunshine, and oceans, mountains, and deserts. Not exactly the ideal real estate investing market, however. 

We are both photographers and will be continuing to do freelance work out there. On the real estate side, I'm assembling a team in Chicago to be my boots on the ground for my new wholesaling operation. I've been working on an automated wholesaling system in Podio to streamline the process for everyone on my team and get deals closed. I've found it's too easy for leads to slip through the cracks and bottlenecks to occur when everything and everyone relies on me to do simple things. I have a good handle on the Chicago market and think this will be a great success. In fact, I need it to be a great success. I've given myself time by quitting my job in order to make this happen and I've given myself an ultimatum of sorts by signing a lease in LA (expensive, to say the least). Sometimes a little pressure is good and I'm not one to shy away from the hustle.

My boss also said he'd give me as much work as I wanted and able to do while working remotely, so that may help ends meet while working on closing my first deal. I have some cash in reserves for marketing and am ready to hit the ground running! 

Cheers!

Loading replies...