Votes |
Which Entity in Texas

Carl Suverkrop
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Hurst, TX
Posted Jul 19 2015, 18:28

Hi All

I have been reading thought other blogs but feel my scenario is slightly different.

I am from South Africa and moving to DFW area at the end on 2015. I am going to be investing in real estate for long-term positions (mostly!) rather than flipping. I do have enough cash to purchase my first couple properties cash ($90k to $130k properties). As I am new to the USA I have basically no credit history or score. I am hoping that I will be able to use the properties I own out-right to obtain mortgages for further properties (within a period of time, 6-24 months) and grow the portfolio from there. How easy/difficult will this be? Which entity would it be easiest to do it in, bearing in mind no credit history?

There is a possibility that I may have a "angel investor" who may not be a US citizen but would invest cash early on and therefore increase equity in the business.

My question is which entity would be the "cleanest" for me to establish the business? Am I not opposed to Sole Prop however this may complicate the arrangement with the Investor? The ongoing costs of running an LLC are not a major concern for me if it provides a benefit for my structure. Not sure I want to go LPA supply due to fact that there may be non-US investment, unless there is a benefit?

Last, it is highly probable that I will be making use of a Property Management Company to management my the properties, just from a Liability point of view.

Any assistance or feedback would be gladly appreciated

Thank you kindly

Carl

Loading replies...