New Realtor on the Way

4 Replies

Hello All,

As you may have read from my former posts, I was formerly an agent and made 0 sales. I am in the 60 hour course now (giving myself two weeks to complete, as it's online and majority of the information I remember) and plan to take the state board exam within a month's time. To all that work with a great real estate agent or consider themselves a great real estate agent, what advice do you have for me? I have three kids, am married, and will be going back to school (as well as working full time) in September. I don't want to pull another goose egg this year and want to be successful in my agency endeavors. Please provide advice!

Thanks!

Stephanie

@Stephanie Dobbs congrats on setting your goals.  I am not a realtor, but I would suggest finding a broker that doesn't have too many added on fees, like office fees for example.  They tend to eat up a lot of your profit in your first year since you are just beginning.  And make sure it is a company that will have a good managing broker willing to answer all your questions.

Originally posted by @Carolina E. :

@Stephanie Dobbs congrats on setting your goals.  I am not a realtor, but I would suggest finding a broker that doesn't have too many added on fees, like office fees for example.  They tend to eat up a lot of your profit in your first year since you are just beginning.  And make sure it is a company that will have a good managing broker willing to answer all your questions.

Thanks for the advice! I'll be working with Exit Realty.

Stephanie if you are going with Exit...... Exit Bennett is a good one and very investor friendly. That's where I hang my license and they've been good to me from an investor standpoint. 

Thanks @Derek Tyler! I heard great things so far about Exit and I feel that it will be best for me to pursue being an agent with them, as other agents seem fairly knowledgeable about real estate investing and the creative methods used. I also love the idea that I will not need to hold a designation to work with commercial real estate as well.

Regards,

Stephanie

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.