The Plan

2 Replies

Hi all,

New to the site, and I am curious to start developing the "plan" mentioned all over the place. Is there a framework in place to start doing this, or are the specifics held within a paywall of sorts (book, premium membership)? I have read through several free resources and have not found an actual template to start working on my 7 figures in 7 years.

Thank you for the help!

My plan started from a simple concept I found in reading rich dad, poor dad.....

Buy income producing assets and have your assets pay your liabilities.  Accumulate lots of good debt. 

I took those ideas and starting buying rental properties.

Frank

It really helped me to back into the plan based on my goals. In other words,  start with what you want, which sounds like "7 figures in 7 years".  Is that in cash flow or money in the bank? Then figure out what a reasonable roi is in your target area for properties that are currently in your price range. How many would you have to buy or flip in the next 7 years? How are you going to finance house 1? How are you going to leverage that house to move on to house 2? etc etc. I think you get the point. That's how I started thinking about it and it helps to have a general road map, which I know will change as I learn more and more about this business.

Hope that helps. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.