Government Grants

4 Replies

I am starting out with a Duplex.  It needs some minor and some major renovations.  My father is current owner, so as soon as I nail down financing, the whole process should be very smooth.  My father has owned it for 10 years now.  He really didn't know what he was doing.  I feel like I have more potential because I'll be starting at a much younger age, and I have Bigger Pockets!

I've looked at a few different options of financing, but for the purpose of this post I'll get straight to the point.  I entered some contact information on the following website, but backed out before paying for it because I thought it was a scam.  A few days later I got a phone call from a lady that said she worked for the government.  She sounded very legitimate.  It kind of shifted my outlook and I'm considering this again.  

I am just wondering if anyone out there has used this or has any knowledge of it being good or bad.  

http://freegrantsfromthegovernment.com

Thank you for the feedback!

Looks like a scam to me. It is not a governament site, but they made it to look like one. 

She also told me about this site

http://www.grants.gov

and said that the only reason the first one was a ".com" is because they're selling a product.  The people that made that site are contracted through the government.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.