9 Replies

HELLO EVERYONE. WHILE I AM READING BEGINERS GUIDE, WILL TAKE ME APROX 1 WK. SHOULD I CONSIDER A BUSINESS NAME,BANK ACC,ECT.I HAVE A ROOM AT HOME TO CONVERT/USE AS OFFICE.

Newbie here too.  I just finished up the UBG today.  I'm excited to get started as well, but I know there's a lot more to learn about (marketing, financing, etc) and things I still need to (create a business plan).  So personally I'm not jumping immediately to the whole website, domain, and business name until I understand what exactly I'm trying to accomplish.

Welcome to the BP Family @KENNETH MCKAY  and @Scott McGhee  

Take your time. There are more important things to do than create a business name, bank account, etc...

First after reading the UBG by @Brandon Turner is to figure out what type of REI you want to be. Learn that one element, master one niche before moving into another. You can be good at a lot of areas of REI or a master in one area. I think a master will allow you a better ROI in the long run.

When you feel you know what you need to invest in a whatever segment of REI you decide you can start to assemble you team and analyzing the market you want to enter.

Then find your deal and start your journey. 

Continue your education by reading the blogs and look into some of the books that are recommended in the podcast. Read the forums and ask for help when needed.

George

Welcome!  I too thought I needed to get incorporated, get a business account, etc but I was reminded that I need to make some sales first!  As a wholesaler, I don't really need that stuff right now and am focusing on my marketing.  I've purchased bandit signs (put out 50 or so already) and am trying to find funding for direct mail marketing.  Out of the signs I placed, only about 5 were left.  I'm also doing drive by's looking for vacant homes and properties.  Good luck to you and keep up on your education!

Hey Kenneth great to see you doing your research just remember when you think you've read enough read some more! Just don't get analysis paralysis and keep posting so we can see all the cool stuff you are going to do :)

GOOD MORNING & THANK YOU EVERY ONE, I AM PRACTICING AND LEARNING JUST BY READING & TYPING RIGHT NOW.

THANK  YOU, I AM STILL DOING A LOT OF READING AT MOMENT. WHILE TRYING TO LEARN HOW TO USE SITE PROPERLY.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.