• Houston, TX
Votes |
Subject To Vs. Lease Option

Aaron Lathan
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Posted Jul 26 2015, 09:41

Hi,

I'm new to investing and like most things starting out I don't have capital.  An old mentor of mine once told me that if you can't make money without money then even if you have money you'll probably go broke.  He wasn't into real estate so I couldn't really use him for reference.  I've been looking for ways to creatively and legally build capital for the next couple years so that I can begin to have down payments on multifamily long term rentals.  Some way or another whether by coincidence or divine intervention I came across a youtube video discussing "zero down" deals in which none of my personal money or credit is at stake.  The two terms I heard over and over for the next 7 hours (I was super intrigued and lost all at once) were Lease Options and Subject to existing mortgage deals.  Good videos that I found talked about one of the categories but never talked about both Lease option and Subject to deals in the same videos.  Some decent videos I found seemed to blend the two too much and confused me as to what was what.  Can anyone give me a crash course on Subject to Vs. Lease Options as an investor?  Thanks for sticking around this long.  I'm appreciative of any help the community can give me.  

Loading replies...