Looking for Meetup in Tampa

8 Replies

Looking to attend my first REI meetup in Tampa, FL area. Looked on meetup.com and found a few differnet groups there. Anyone recommend any of these groups or others?

Tampa REIA Is a good one. Second Thursday of the month.

Thanks for the reply. I will plan to attend.

@Chet Jennings it depends what area of real estate you plan to focus on.  I've been to almost all the meet ups in the Tampa area and only go back to about half.  There are some good free ones out there.  I recommend trying all the ones that you can and pick a few that will benefit your style real estate.  Look forward to seeing you at them. 

@Adrian Smude Thanks for the reply. I am interested in rehabbing primarily. Which one would you suggest?

@Chet Jennings for deals I say go to Larry's in st Pete on Monday nights or clear water Joe's Crab Shack. For education and a few deals TBREIA locations.  

TBREIA is good. They pretty much have weekly Meetups at different locations. North Tampa, South Tampa, and Brandon. I am also a member of Tampa REIA and they also have other groups which meet in St. Pete, Sarasota and other locations. Those are the 2 biggest ones I know. I would definitely start there and network. You will here about others through those meeting.

@Chet Jennings I may have a listing coming up soon as well in Wimauma. 1200sf Concrete block home on a 1.6ac corner lot. It will be around the $120-130k range. It will be a small rehab job. It may be too soon but its atleast a month away from being ready. Resolving some ownership issues (multiple owners) but when its ready if you like I can contact you.

Update: they decided to reschedule to this weekend or next week. I'm going to the next applicant. Another though I have to see if I am doing things correct. I have multiple interested parties which I have spoken to and prequalified them over the phone. Most of them have viewed the property and when they ask if the home is still available I tell them it is.  I have graded each prospect and plan to call them back in the order I most prefer. Is that legal to do or is there a specific order I must follow?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you