Attorney

3 Replies

I'm new to real estate. In my state of North Carolina we use attorneys for our real estate dealing. I was wondering how early should I go about getting an attorney? I am in the very early beginning stages of real estate and the type of real estate I want to do is wholesaling. If someone can help me out I would really appreciate it a lot. 

@HaaShim Graham

I wouldn't say you ever "need" an attorney. If something happens you will need one or if you need some type of paper work drawn up you will need one, so that could be at anytime! I would say its best to introduce yourself to an attorney that specializes in real estate and tell them what you are planning on doing, then when a need comes ask them if you could use their services. You can find plenty of recommendations for great real estate attorneys at your local REI (real estate investor) meetings. Just google REI then your city to find them.

Just call and ask questions such as how the process works and what is needed on your part.  Get familiar with the process.  When you start getting deals you will save time tying to  figure out what is next when you have a deal and are ready to bring it to close.

Great info, I am in this situation now. Wish I had read this thread first lol

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.