Setting up free professional email?

Setting up free professional email?

Parker, TX · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 5 votes

This may be slightly out there, but I am trying to set up a customer email for my new business.  I already have a domain name registered, and was looking to see if there were free email applications.  Looks like gmail and the like have all moved to a pay service.  What does everyone use for setting up their business email?  Do I have to resolve for paying someone for the service?  I'm not looking to just have a yahoo.com address or something like that.  I want to leverage my personal domain.

Appreciate any feedback!

0Reply
34 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y

Yep, if you want your domain to appear after the @ then you need to pay.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Yep, if you want your domain to appear after the @ then you need to pay.

  • Parker, TX · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Thanks for the feedback Al.  Appreciate it!

  • Newbie · Auckland, NZ · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    If you have a domain name registered. You probably have your website hosted somewhere.

    Every host provider allows you to many e-mail ids as you like.

  • Specialist · Lakewood, CO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Michael C.

    You can use pretty much any provider to host your e-mail. Unless you host it yourself, you are going to have to pay. I use West Host for hosting my e-mail and website and it's something like $5-$10/month. I used to use HostGator but I didn't like their sneakery. Also, using a service like this allows you to host your website at the same time.

    Here's a quick flow of how the Internets work for this:

    • Buy your domain name (GoDaddy or someone less evil)
    • Select your hosting provider (GoDaddy, HostGator or someone less evil)
    • Point your DNS from GoDaddy to HostGator
    • Log into HostGator and create your e-mail accounts
    • Use whatever you want to check them (Outlook, Thunderbird, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 29 posts · 8 votes
    11y
    I use zoho.com. Their service is just like Google, but free.
  • Parker, TX · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Thanks for the feedback everyone.  I will be looking into this!  Like the zoho.com tip.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.