Setting up free professional email?

6 Replies

This may be slightly out there, but I am trying to set up a customer email for my new business.  I already have a domain name registered, and was looking to see if there were free email applications.  Looks like gmail and the like have all moved to a pay service.  What does everyone use for setting up their business email?  Do I have to resolve for paying someone for the service?  I'm not looking to just have a address or something like that.  I want to leverage my personal domain.

Appreciate any feedback!

Thanks for the feedback Al.  Appreciate it!

If you have a domain name registered. You probably have your website hosted somewhere.

Every host provider allows you to many e-mail ids as you like.

@Michael C.

You can use pretty much any provider to host your e-mail. Unless you host it yourself, you are going to have to pay. I use West Host for hosting my e-mail and website and it's something like $5-$10/month. I used to use HostGator but I didn't like their sneakery. Also, using a service like this allows you to host your website at the same time.

Here's a quick flow of how the Internets work for this:

• Buy your domain name (GoDaddy or someone less evil)
  • Select your hosting provider (GoDaddy, HostGator or someone less evil)
  • Point your DNS from GoDaddy to HostGator
  • Use whatever you want to check them (Outlook, Thunderbird, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
I use Their service is just like Google, but free.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  I will be looking into this!  Like the tip.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you