How would I finance my first duplex/triplex /quadruplex property ?

2 Replies

I have decided I wanted to purchase a duplex/triplex/quadruplex property to begin in my real estate investing , but really don't have that much money to invest. I have good credit but how would I finance a $100,000 plus property ? 

Elias, I would look into an FHA loan. Given you qualify for one, an FHA loan allows you to put 3.5% down instead of 10% or 20% which are typically down payment percentages done with conventional mortgages.

More info on FHA loans can be found here:
http://www.biggerpockets.com/mortgage/fha-loans/

An FHA loan is the route I'm going to go for financing when I buy my first property in Spring 2016. Good luck.

Originally posted by @Elias Chacon :

I have decided I wanted to purchase a duplex/triplex/quadruplex property to begin in my real estate investing , but really don't have that much money to invest. I have good credit but how would I finance a $100,000 plus property ? 

How is your credit? How much do you have saved? Are you a veteran? Are you willing to occupy one of the units on the property? Are you willing to work with partners?

There are a thousand variables. There is no one size fits all solution. I can tell you what I did, but that may not work for you. 

[email protected] | 402‑965‑1853

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you