How would I finance my first duplex/triplex /quadruplex property ?

2 Replies

I have decided I wanted to purchase a duplex/triplex/quadruplex property to begin in my real estate investing , but really don't have that much money to invest. I have good credit but how would I finance a $100,000 plus property ? 

Elias, I would look into an FHA loan. Given you qualify for one, an FHA loan allows you to put 3.5% down instead of 10% or 20% which are typically down payment percentages done with conventional mortgages.

More info on FHA loans can be found here:
http://www.biggerpockets.com/mortgage/fha-loans/

An FHA loan is the route I'm going to go for financing when I buy my first property in Spring 2016. Good luck.

Originally posted by @Elias Chacon :

I have decided I wanted to purchase a duplex/triplex/quadruplex property to begin in my real estate investing , but really don't have that much money to invest. I have good credit but how would I finance a $100,000 plus property ? 

How is your credit? How much do you have saved? Are you a veteran? Are you willing to occupy one of the units on the property? Are you willing to work with partners?

There are a thousand variables. There is no one size fits all solution. I can tell you what I did, but that may not work for you. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.