Am I on the right track

4 Replies

I'm 29 and finally started I'm going to invest in real  estate something I always wanted to do. So I joined biggerpockets and I am currently  reading NO MONEY DOWN  and learning. I have so much going on getting married this month and recently  had my third child, and moving into a house next month, I don't make that much at my job but I'm determined. So I'm saving and is getting a good lump of taxes owed this year and looking to do my first flip the beginning of next year when taxes come. So am I on the right track? Am I not doing enough?

Sounds good. Try wholesaling to make some quick money to help you get started. Start looking for owner financed deals. Read every book by Robert kiyosaki and Tyler G Hicks. Read read read posts on here. Good luck 😊

@Mar Tell Dennis

Your education is the most important thing to focus on when you're getting started!  This is a high-stakes business and almost all your decisions need to be right to prevent disaster.  I would start by reading "The Millionaire Real Estate Investor", by Gary Keller.  He's a great guy and this is a very good big-picture book to help get you on the right track.  After you read the book, BiggerPockets is a great source to fill in all the little cracks the book doesn't get into.  Good luck!

There is good advice in this thread but I would also consider adding a vision (few paragraphs) and a plan. 

Vision is important if you wanna know where you're going, and you can check it whenever to make sure you're still aligned.

The plan is updated frequently but the foundation remains the same for the most part.  The ultimate guide by BP covers these elements a bit but if you don't already have these documents /ideas worked on, they are nice for road mapping the journey ahead!

Good luck 

Learn the strategies, focus on one niche, make a plan and take action.  

Wholesaling is the least intimidating for newbie investors.  Check out Tyrone the Flipman on Youtube, he shares a lot of information for free

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you