Whole saleing real estate

2 Replies

I'm asking where do I take my first step?whole saleing real estate.

If you search the forums here on BP, you'll find lots of great instructions on how to be an effective wholesaler. However, here's a primer for what wholesaling will involve.

The first step is to find potentially motivated sellers. This could be done by driving through neighborhoods and looking for neglected homes or obtaining a list of potentially motivated sellers from someplace like listsource.com, and mailing letters to those people. In reality, there are many ways to find motivated sellers.

It would also be helpful for you to start building relationships with local investors who might be interested in buying any homes you find. You could do this by attending your local REIA and meeting other investors.

Best of luck!

Learn how to get motivated seller leads and partner with an experienced wholesaler to split the deal with. There are many things to learn as a wholesaler. Marketing, Negotiating With Sellers, ARV analysis, Construction Cost Estimating, Subject-To, Lease Options, Installment Sales, Land Use and Zoning, Raising Private Money, Or Selling To Cash Buyers. Because there is so much to learn, that's why you want to partner with an experienced wholesaler. The most important skill is learning how to negotiate. If you can't be spot on with ARV and construction estimates, you will waste a lot of time.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you