Trash outs

4 Replies

First let me say I'm not sure if I picked the Right area for this topic. 

I have a question about trash outs-clean outs. 

I'm licensed as well for doing Clean outs. But I have only done them for the company I work for. 

If I wanted to start doing them for banks and people that have bought homes full of stuff. How would I go about doing that?  

As in actual steps...  

I enjoy staying busy so I'm always looking for things to do on the side.  

It's a great opportunity for lead to buy houses, fix/flip rent them out. Check in your local laws, probably have to to licensed, carry insuranced/bonded.  Let everybody know realtors, banks, title company, that your in this business, pass our your card, market your business etc..

I would start off with an old box truck or big trailer and lots of advertising.  Also going to want to know of a landfill you can take it.

The banks use property preservation companies to service the foreclosures - so you might want to get acquainted with some of them. 

Attorneys that handle estates might be a good lead source as well. But these will be sellers - listing in MLS usually doesn't look good with "stuff" inside the house.

The buyers at the courthouse auctions are another potential target. You meet them in person at the courthouse (or wherever the foreclosure auctions are held).  Or if your county recorder has an online site AND the foreclosure auctions get recorded with a special deed that you can then search for specifically (like sheriff's deed or trustee's deed maybe) -  then you can find them online even. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.