Rookie starting out

6 Replies

Hello,

I've been on and off with my real estate journey due to personal life issues. But for the past few months I've spent most of my free time reading many articles, blogs, books, and posts to give me a solid foundation of knowledge in REI.

With that, my current situation is, I have low capital to purchase a property, thus I plan to find and wholesale properties until I have enough money saved to purchase my first home.

My biggest step that I've made so far is purchasing my first batch of yellow letters to mail to absentee owners. 

In the meantime, while I wait to recieve my letters, is their anything else I can do to help with getting my first deal under contract? How about other methods to finding motivated sellers? Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance!

drive around look for properties that might be in distress, tall grass , house looks vacant. Talk to neighbors and track owner, call for sale by owner homes daily and make offers 

Kevin, 

I am new to the business as well. Do you mind sharing with me how you purchased the yellow letters? I recently attended a Than Merrill Real Estate Investment seminar and this was mentioned. However, no clear direction on how to obtain. 

Originally posted by @Cossandra Spears :

Kevin, 

I am new to the business as well. Do you mind sharing with me how you purchased the yellow letters? I recently attended a Than Merrill Real Estate Investment seminar and this was mentioned. However, no clear direction on how to obtain. 

I got my yellow letters from yellowletters.com. They have great customer service and can help you with whatever you need.

That's how I got started as well.  I mailed out my postcards, month 1 no response.  Month 2, I mailed out again to the same list, got 11 call backs and I flipped 1 property to a rehabber.  

May take more than one mailing to get a bite, that's my experience anyway.  I kept mailing to the same list and flipped 4 deals in 7 months.  

Originally posted by @Kevin Rodriues :
Originally posted by @Cossandra Spears:

Kevin, 

I got my yellow letters from yellowletters.com. They have great customer service and can help you with whatever you need.

Thanks Kevin, a business is nothing without customer service. Glad to hear my employees are staying true to that.

No problem @Codyalexander. Hopefully I can land my first deal soon so I can do more mailings with you guys. Haha

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.