Find Deals

7 Replies

hello All, i m not new in real Estate but definitely new in Investment. How do i find a deal? 

Any idea?

Stay active. Learn to spot what is and is not a deal. Network with investment realtors and wholesalers.

@Ramces Daniel Have you figured out where and what you want to invest? That's the starting point.. Once you know that begin on Craigslist, wholesalers, MLS, Auctions, and the BiggerPockets marketplace

Attending local REIAs will get you in contact with the people who are making things happen. There you will meet investor friendly agents, wholesalers, flippers, and other professionals that can be your eyes and ears in the field. Find what your criteria is first. Read the millionaire real estate investor by Gary Keller!

Medium 208 home buyersCody Stone, 208 Home Buyers | 208‑505‑8720 | http://www.208homebuyers.com

Originally posted by @Cody Stone :
Attending local REIAs will get you in contact with the people who are making things happen. There you will meet investor friendly agents, wholesalers, flippers, and other professionals that can be your eyes and ears in the field. Find what your criteria is first. Read the millionaire real estate investor by Gary Keller!

I agree with you Cody as a Keller Williams real estate agent we are required to read his book. As far as finding investor friendly agents there not hard to find. Its harder for agents to find serious investors to work with. which was remedied by going to the Local REIA like Cody said. With that being said if your looking for help in Virginia or you know someone whom is ill be more then happy to assist them with their investing needs.

@Rod Coleman Read The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller is a great start. Network with as many people as you can and tell them what you are looking for. Also as an agent use the MLS to look for deals. To start, I would work backwards and find out what type of deal you are looking for, why you want to invest, and what you are looking for with the investment (i.e. cash flow, appreciation, or distressed stuff).

Medium screen shot 2015 08 11 at 5.23.17 pmJohn Cohen, JC Property Group Inc | 5162683500 | http://www.jcpropertygroupinc.com

eveyone has some great responses. Welcome to BP. 

You have to know where you want to invest. Whether its in the state you reside or out. Know your market. Which shouldn't be a problem since your an agent.

What is you long term goals for investing. Is it passive cash flow your looking for, the joy and pains of rehab and flipping?

Learn all you can and network with everyone. This site is a great place to learn and grow.

Please dont forget to share your experience so newbies after you can learn from your mistakes.

Good luck on your investing journey.

Educate your self on your local market first. The talent in finding a deal comes from beng able to see a deal when no one else sees opportunities. You must have vision never adjust our eyes hoping the numbers change always see the numbers as what they are. And learn to create deals appropriate isn't a deal until  the numbers are were you need them to be. If a price is too high just make your offer and see what happens

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you