Start with a partner or solo?

1 Reply

When it comes to starting out in real estate, how many of you started out solo or with a partner and if you could go back, would you have done things differently? I'm just taking a censuses. I have read the pros and cons of both side from the Biginners Guide but I'm not sure which way to go.

Originally posted by @Vincent Ames :

When it comes to starting out in real estate, how many of you started out solo or with a partner and if you could go back, would you have done things differently? I'm just taking a censuses. I have read the pros and cons of both side from the Biginners Guide but I'm not sure which way to go.

I started off solo. I would not have done things differently. I am a strong believer that actually doing things is the best way to learn. Partnerships may come at some point in the future, after I am confident in my own performance, and at the point where I will be able to tell who would make a good partner. 

One of my worst fears is being scammed out of money by someone. In order to minimize that risk, I wanted to learn the business first so that I would know the red flags.