Business Plan Help (buy and hold)

3 Replies

Looking for some help creating a business plan for a partnership/LLC with the goal of buying single family homes near college campuses in Indianapolis Indiana and renting them.

We would be glad to have any advice and/or template help you may be able to provide.

Thanks,

Greg

We also are trying to figure this out, the bank told us we would get a lot further if we created a really solid good business plan, there is so much information out there its overwhelming and its all pretty vague, most things say there isn't good template ideas and then trying to sell you one you cant even see examples of. Have you found anything better? I started one in a Power Point Template  but feel like its very inadequate. 

Why do you need a business plan? Focus on the things that matter, that is actually going to make you money, like marketing and networking to find deals. The business plan is going to change in 6 months anyways. Write down your goals for the day, the week, the month, and the year and use that as your "business plan." And go find deals

There is a one page file in the BP Fileplace if you are looking for something concise.  That is all I use to keep myself on track, remind me of the goal and not get distracted with shiny objects.  I have it laid out with this years goals, 1-3yrs, 3-10yrs.  It also helps communicate with my husband what exactly I am doing with all our money! 

There are also more in depth articles here on BP that cover the details of what to write about. 

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/01/23...

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2010/1/26/...

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.