Moving to another State

3 Replies

Good afternoon fellow BPers, I know its been quite some time since I last posted on here, mainly because the military has kept me mighty busy with retraining for the past 5 months.  

I recently found out that I will be relocating to Wichita KS in the upcoming months and I was wondering if there are any fellow members around that area. I would definitely like to network and chat with any and all of you guys who are in the area. Also my wife has also gotten the REI bug and would like to work with a Real Estate company that might be interested in adding to their company.

Thanks everyone, can't wait to here from you all.

Welcome @Brandon Proctor  fellow Wichitan here -- I actually own a duplex rental just down the street from the base in what I would call the first nicer neighborhood close by.  Only about a mile from the main entrance.  Lots of military folks live nearby.

You in the Air guard or AF?  The new tankers bringing you to town?  

Definitely up for networking when you get here and I might have some ideas on a local RE company for your wife to look into or names of others to speak with.

Medium oc logo finalShane H., Oak Creek Senior Living

Originally posted by @Shane H. :

Welcome @Brandon Proctor  fellow Wichitan here -- I actually own a duplex rental just down the street from the base in what I would call the first nicer neighborhood close by.  Only about a mile from the main entrance.  Lots of military folks live nearby.

You in the Air guard or AF?  The new tankers bringing you to town?  

Definitely up for networking when you get here and I might have some ideas on a local RE company for your wife to look into or names of others to speak with.

That sounds great Shane, I will be coming down there at the end of January so I still have some time.

I am a Active Duty member of the AF and I'm a K9 handler so we tend to move often. I just told my wife that she may have an opportunity to work in RE and she is ecstatic!  She also wants to get her Real Estate License as well which is a perk for me.

Sounds good @Brandon Proctor  Look forward to connecting when you're here.  Keep that winter gear handy once you get here...ha - January can be an odd month here 70 for a high one day then 15 degrees for a high a day later.  

Fingers crossed you are blessed with a few of the nicer days for your move and the N wind stays up in Canada.  HA

Thanks for your service.

Medium oc logo finalShane H., Oak Creek Senior Living

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you