Best way to check inventory and pending sales data?

4 Replies

Hi. I was wondering if anybody can give me tips on ways to check available inventory and pending sales data for properties for a specific region. 

Best thing to do is find a local real estate agent who can either give you access to a website to search listings yourself or that can do that job for you. If you aren't licensed yourself, you won't find completely updated and correct info on the public internet websites like Zillow and Trulia etc. To stay up to date link up with an agent who can help out. If you are looking to buy or rent or sell, odds are, you will need an agent to work with anyways!

@Charlise Philibert Thank you Charlise! I start looking for real estate agents in my target markets. 

I have wondered about the appropriate way to approach agents for info when it comes to these sorts of things, If it is customary to pay some fee for the service or if you commonly just build a good relationship with an agent you worked with in the past.

Knowing how to network and avoid pestering or wasting people's time is a concern as a new investor.

Honestly, most decent agents won't mind putting in a little time or looking for a few things for you if they know there is a potential for a transaction to occur. Of course, on the other hand we as agents cannot "just help" everyone we come across in hopes for a sale but if it seems worthwhile, we will! Once we have a conversation about what you are looking for and see if there's good potential, an agent will help you. For instance, if you have horrible credit and need a loan, we already know this is going to be a dead end. At that point, I would suggest that person work on their credit and get back to me when the time is right.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you