Determine ARV

1 Reply

Hey Guys!

I'm trying to experiment with calculating ARV to see if it's effective.

So for one instance I have a property that is move-in ready however it's outdated..

I ran comps and found 3 comparable homes however, they are outdated as well and sold - 2 Cash Offers (I can tell one was bought through a made up LLC, which sounds like an LLC transfer - wholesale deal for an investor). The other was an FHA loan. At least for the 2 it seems like they were purchased by an investor and would be renovated I'm sure at a higher listing price in the future.

My question is, can I re-engineer the ARV calculation by taking the 3 comps, adjusting based on location, size, condition, etc. to get an average, and divide it by 65% plus Repairs to determine ARV going that route in the event that I don't find comparable renovated homes? Not trying to be lazy, but creative and wanting to understand if it's feasible.

For example, based on the 3 comps, if I got the median with the adjustments included to be $178,000, then,

Divided by 65% (Industry Standard) to equal:

$273,846

Adding (20$ per square foot X SqFt = Repair Price)

+$35,000

= $308,846 (Let's Say $308,000)

Would $308,000 be a feasible ARV?

-------

Just trying to be creative and see if it could be effective. Let me know your thoughts! - Thanks!

Seems very high, but I just like to get good feedback and see if being creative with this method can actually be effective!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you