Probate with Real Estate

13 Replies

Does anyone have extensive probate experience? I am looking to learn more about the process and the opportunities. Also has anyone purchased online subscriptions to for weekly probate leads? I am considering a company named probates daily out of Florida, Thoughts, suggestions, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Mayour:

I don't know of a 'Probates Daily' out of Florida, however, I think you may be talking about ProbatesDaily.com & Foreclosures.com. If you are, DO NOT USE IT!

Some of Florida’s probate information (by counties- there are 67 of them) for the most part are available online and/or published. As an example, for south Florida’s Broward county- you can search for recent probate filings in this link below. But, bear in mind that not all probate filings (even if you buy probate lists) have real estate associated with them-

BROWARD COUNTY DEEDS

Select SEARCH, then ACCEPT and then go to DOCUMENT TYPES, Select PRO for Probates and go from there. You will only be able to see the names of the Decedent- you’ll now have to check to see if the deceased owned any property. That’s at the Property Appraiser’s site.

BROWARD PROPERTY APPRAISER

.. It’s a bit of work, but can bring great results. If you are willing to do the work, you can check each county's recording deed websites and the system is pretty much the same.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

if you are referring to active probate cases, data providers are pretty spotty. 

Some markets have decent providers but they are not always reliable. 

You can pull yourself by reviewing publications for death notices and legal notices of pending estate and then researching if decedent owns real estate in your market, 

Or, go down to the courthouse and pull case files to find real estate.

Lastly, if you calue your time more, pay a researcher to pull Giles and compile data to your specifications. 

Yet, you may get lucky and find an affordable provider or someone to share data collection costs.

@Claudette Attride is there a particular reason that you advise against ProbatesDaily? I used them several years ago and found the service helpful. A bit on the pricey side but definitely a time saver. 

Has there been a drop in service or quality? I have been considering subscribing again.

@John Kent:  It’s just that I wasn’t impressed with their website, but I have seen their list and it does have information which is the same from the counties' websites or registry. You said you found it 'helpful' which is the key difference for a seasoned probate investor or a newbie.

In the query, he mentioned that he was new to probate and I like to encourage using free public available materials first and becoming familiar with how the systems work. The counties also offer great resources and help

FLORIDA COURT RESOURCES

In testing the waters (probate or other) going to and understanding the source is a great place to start, then you can seek out these lists that are out there. And remember, as someone also pointed out ..lists are not leads and if not understood, they can eat your pocket out in yellow letter postings!!

Here is one way to see recent probates in Orlando:

ORLANDO PROBATES

And you are right, the lists does save time! 

Originally posted by @Claudette Attride :

Hello Mayour:

I don't know of a 'Probates Daily' out of Florida, however, I think you may be talking about ProbatesDaily.com & Foreclosures.com. If you are, DO NOT USE IT!

Some of Florida’s probate information (by counties- there are 67 of them) for the most part are available online and/or published. As an example, for south Florida’s Broward county- you can search for recent probate filings in this link below. But, bear in mind that not all probate filings (even if you buy probate lists) have real estate associated with them-

BROWARD COUNTY DEEDS

Select SEARCH, then ACCEPT and then go to DOCUMENT TYPES, Select PRO for Probates and go from there. You will only be able to see the names of the Decedent- you’ll now have to check to see if the deceased owned any property. That’s at the Property Appraiser’s site.

.. It’s a bit of work, but can bring great results. If you are willing to do the work, you can check each county's recording deed websites and the system is pretty much the same.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

Hello Mayour:

BROWARD COUNTY DEEDS

Hope this helps.

Good luck

Thanks you, some great advice, much appreciated.

@John Kent:  It’s just that I wasn’t impressed with their website, but I have seen their list and it does have information which is the same from the counties' websites or registry. You said you found it 'helpful' which is the key difference for a seasoned probate investor or a newbie.

In the query, he mentioned that he was new to probate and I like to encourage using free public available materials first and becoming familiar with how the systems work. The counties also offer great resources and help

FLORIDA COURT RESOURCES

In testing the waters (probate or other) going to and understanding the source is a great place to start, then you can seek out these lists that are out there. And remember, as someone also pointed out ..lists are not leads and if not understood, they can eat your pocket out in yellow letter postings!!

Here is one way to see recent probates in Orlando:

ORLANDO PROBATES

And you are right, the lists does save time! 

The website did make me skeptical, and I have received numerous phone calls from a ***** saleswoman. That was kind of a turn off for me, as well as lack of online information on the company. Thanks everyone for the input, much appreciated.

Hello,

I have used there service for 8 years now. They supply probates attached to Real-estate and most importantly new leads. I have done well over the years, and have a nice nest egg for my grandchildren. There service is not cheap. You get what you pay for. From what I understand, there is a large repeat customer data base. I highly recommend them.

Best Regards

Hey Tangie. I'm also a user of this service and Tangie is my account rep. If you are in a "closed state", which does not disclose information about the decedent, then you will bless Probatedaily because they offer that information. I've talked to other services but have not encountered anyone who deals with this legal peculiarity as well as Probatedaily.

As I said, above, I'm only a client of Tangie and have no other connection to Probatedaily, whatsoever. I spoke to her today and she offered to discount her service to BP members who contact her and mention my name "Gerry Rae". Works for me. Hopefully it will work for you too!