Team Building in Connecticut

6 Replies

I want to build my team of banker, attorney, accountant, realtor & contractor so I can start making my first deal. Is is reasonable to find 

• Attorneys who deal only with real estate?
  • Realtors who deal only with investors?
  • Accountants who deal only with real estate?
  • Bankers who deal only with real estate?

What questions should I ask to ensure I have the right team? Can anyone recommend someone locally in Connecticut? Should I have a single contractor or a contractor in every town I invest in?

Thanks,

Dinesh.

You don't need a contractor in every town, but you might need different ones depending on distance.

What exactly is your game plan?  Do you have funds to start buying and flipping multiple properties or is this going to start as a wholesale business?

I have the funds to start with couple of properties. I am not interested in wholesaling for now. Just buy and hold to begin with. Maybe flip in a year or 2.

-Dinesh.

What area are you looking in? I am in the process of doing the same thing. I can share some contacts. As far as contractors, when you find a good one, treat them well and they will travel for you. 

Danbury, New Britain, Middletown & Manchester.

Thanks,

Dinesh.

Yes there are accountants, attorneys, bankers, and realtors who are accustomed to working with investors.  Leverage the power of Bigger Pockets to connect with folks around you and find what you need.  With regards to contractors, i agree with @Phil Z. and @Joseph Jarvis : although difficult to find, a good contractor who works with investors would likely be willing to travel a little bit, although they will not be the cheapest.  Send a private message if you need referrals.  Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you