• Rental Property Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
I want a job.. WHAT?!

Ken Klatt
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Sep 23 2015, 14:42

My real estate goals have been put on hold. Recently I was saving up money to put a down payment on a Residential Multi-Family through an FHA or conventional loan near where I currently live and work so eventually I wouldn't have need for a regular 9-5 job. Sounds fairly typical right?

But honestly, I don't like where I live or work. So I came to the realization I didn't want to invest into a property in that area that would tie me there or cause me to return to it.

While I was coming to this realization, I was also forming a new goal outside of real estate investing and that was traveling.

My new goal is to use the money I was putting towards a down payment of a property towards traveling abroad for a year or so. While building these funds though, I want to continue to build my Real Estate knowledge, preferably with real world experience.

Without investing into properties myself, I would like to know what jobs are out there for a young professional that will benefit my real estate career?

I have done some initial research and found jobs such as, property analysis and acquisition at major property management companies, site selection departments for corporations and government agencies,  mortgage writer for banks, an appraiser, real estate agent, and working as a sales rep at a brokerage firm.

I would welcome any other ideas, and comments on the jobs I listed and how maybe through your experiences, they were helpful (or harmful) to your real estate investing career.

Loading replies...