Who should be a part of my team?

4 Replies

I'm highly considering investing in rental properties such as duplexes and fourplexes around colleges and universities, but have never done it before. Who should be a part of my team such as, a handyman, plumber, electrician etc.?

You are going to need all kinds of people for your business. But your "Team" will change regularly. Don't get the idea that once you have the "Team" in place you are set. you will constantly be looking for new people to work with, especially contractors. So always be on the lookout for contacts that you can use in your business. 

The types of people you will need are the ones you listed above but also roofer, window man, granite supplier, attorneys, accountant, bookkeeper, real estate agents, insurance agents and many more.

You might want landscaping too. Make sure you have more than one handyman, electrician, and plumber because occasionally their work quality starts going down and prices creep up. 

To add a person to Neds list, a property manager might be a good idea as well. There are so many rules, regulations, and hassles that come with tenants and I personally like having someone else having to deal with it

  • Real Estate Agent
  • Mortgage Broker
  • Insurance Agent
  • Handyman
  • G.C.
  • Attorney
  • CPA

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here