Property Owner Phone Numbers

7 Replies

Hi all!

@Kyle Jorgensen and I have partnered together to go driving for dollars and we are having success with finding properties. We've sent out our first batch of yellow letters just a few weeks ago. Now thinking about it, I think cold calling them would be so much more efficient but we are having a hard time finding phone numbers. Can I only find phone numbers though the tax assessors site? Or is there a different way? Thanks for your awesome assist with this inquiry! Wishing you all a stellar day! 

If you are targeting specific properties, like a vacant house, I prefer to call then mail. 

Tracking down people is called "Skip Tracing".  If you google that or simply "People Search"  a ton of sites will come up. Keep in mind in this day of cell phones it is much harder to find numbers.

Originally posted by @Bhairavi Patel :

I heard a little about trying to get information via the title company. Would you happen to know anything about this method of pursuit? @Ned Carey

I'm not sure how would that work, but...... I recently closed on my primary house and within week after COE I started to receive welcome mail (which is normal) followed by phone calls on my cell. I have never ever before received ANY local businesses calling my cell with offers. They new my cell number (which is not listed publicly), my name, and few more details. I confronted Title in very polite manner, but they declined. I know its them. How else would I go from 0 phone calls for past 5 years into 6 calls a day on my private cell #??? So..... there must be a way to get that info 

I haven't a clue why people say go to title companies for things that are not part of their business. I don't know where title companies would get this information. Generally they go to specific databases, like the land records, to search a specific property. 

Also keep in mind the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act restricts certain info to those that have a specific legitimate need. This makes it difficult to cross reference names without a SS# for example. 

For the right deal I have spent $2-300 for a private eye to find someone.

Hmmm, the wheels are turning. I guess there are two sides to the coin. As you didn't appreciate the calls, someone who is motivated to sell their property may appreciate it. 

Do you think the title company openly provides info like this? @Robert Szewczyk

I am not sure if they will provide info like this to an investor but it is worth trying. Please remember that I have received phone calls from A/C companies, Insurance, etc. Also, phone calls came because I just purchased my house, therefore companies who called wanted to offer their services on my newly purchased home. If you call new owner of the home and asked if they are interested in selling it, the owner may be a little surprised as  they just closed on it :0. Sure, you may ask if they have other properties they would like to sell, but this info you can get yourself from public data.

Hi all!

@Kyle Jorgensen and I have partnered together to go driving for dollars and we are having success with finding properties. We've sent out our first batch of yellow letters just a few weeks ago. Now thinking about it, I think cold calling them would be so much more efficient but we are having a hard time finding phone numbers. Can I only find phone numbers though the tax assessors site? Or is there a different way? Thanks for your awesome assist with this inquiry! Wishing you all a stellar day! 

Try Peoplesmart.com. $19.99/month with additional offerings.

Call one title company to inquire about the numbers; then call another, then another to get your answer.

I have heard of contacting title companies for cash buyers, but not phone numbers.

Test your yellow letters by including a contact number with your message and without a contact number.

I recently sent out less than 20 yellow letters to property owners of vacant properties; several were returned, and I received one call. I will be closing on three properties from one of the yellow letters, because I included a contact number.

I hope this helped in some way.

Anthony