Sample letter to absentee owner

11 Replies

Hi BP,

I'm hoping someone can possibly provide me with a template of a letter to a absentee homeowner.

I have two properties who I've searched their information and found them to be living off site. I also have found one homeowner who is still living there. Should the letters be the same? 

What specifics should I include in this first letter to them? Handwritten or Printed? Does it matter?

Thanks all!

-Sydni

You're only doing 2 so handwriting them isn't some monumental task.. unless you don't have any hands. Just like this very nice post you wrote, write a letter to the owners of those properties. Tell them who you are, why you're reaching out to them, what you want to do, how you'll go about doing it, and how to contact you.

There is no perfect letter... unless you talk to a person who sells letters, then I'm sure he/she will have one you can buy along with some secrets. They always have some secrets for sale too.

@Sydni Chattman who is the owner of yellowletters.com and also was on podcast 77 and 81. He has repeatedly stated that he is happy to work with folks on BP to set up a marketing campaign plan. I would contact his office and make an appointment to speak to him as there is nothing to lose in my opinion. 

@Sydni Chattman

We send offers/letters of intent instead of regular letters.  The response is much better.

I would also suggest talking a look at properties that are posted "for rent" on property managers websites, looking up the owner and sending an offer.

You will get a huge response for a very small number of offers and you are also purchasing a "rent ready" asset.  A fair number will be rented by the time you close.  

It's a great system.  It takes 75% of the work out of what you are trying to accomplish. And it allows you to work in out of state markets.  Hope this helps.

Originally posted by @Patricio P. :

@Sydni Bell

I would highly recommend speaking with @Michael Quarles who is the owner of yellowletters.com and also was on podcast 77 and 81. He has repeatedly stated that he is happy to work with folks on BP to set up a marketing campaign plan. I would contact his office and make an appointment to speak to him as there is nothing to lose in my opinion. 

Wow! This is great! I may be needing this soon! I'll reach out! Thanks!

-Sydni

Originally posted by @Steven Butala:

@Sydni Bell

We send offers/letters of intent instead of regular letters.  The response is much better.

I would also suggest talking a look at properties that are posted "for rent" on property managers websites, looking up the owner and sending an offer.

You will get a huge response for a very small number of offers and you are also purchasing a "rent ready" asset.  A fair number will be rented by the time you close.  

It's a great system.  It takes 75% of the work out of what you are trying to accomplish. And it allows you to work in out of state markets.  Hope this helps.

Wow, a great idea! 

When sending an offer/letter of intent, how exactly would i gauge what to offer, especially if its abandoned or in poor condition? 

-Sydni

As @Aaron Mazzrillo said there is no perfect letter or as I use to look for, the "magic pill".   People such as @Michael Quarles mail thousands of letters monthly and with that many letters, one can determine if one letter is better than the other.  With smaller numbers Im not so sure it matters.  Be to the point and be geneuine & honest.   Michael does have some good examples on his web site.

Originally posted by @Steven Butala:

@Sydni Chattman

That is an excellent idea Steven!