Company Logo

17 Replies

Hey all,

Trying to design a basic company logo on the cheap (read FREE, lol)  Any suggestions?

Not looking to go crazy just something with a picture of a house and my company name.  Thanks for any help you can offer!

-Brian

Hi. Here in Australia we have a site called airtasker.com. You won't get a logo for free, but someone will likely offer to do one for you cheaply. I assume there is something similar in most countries. Cheers, Helen

Get a young nephew or niece to make one with a crayon. That'll be about all it is worth any way. I love these posts; I need help with my business cards, company logo, corporate name, website domain, vehicle wrap, it's all really a big waste of time otherwise known as investor's minutiae. Your time is better spent researching a good printer or office chair. Those will make you more money than a logo.

My corp is Advance Sales, Inc. My thought behind it was that I would sell you before you even knew you needed to be sold. Otherwise, it doesn't mean a thing, it's quite generic and has no relation to real estate whatsoever. I have no logo and I haven't had a business card in years. Here's my business plan; Rip Equity.

Unless you're going to try to be the next Home Vestors, all that other stuff just gets in the way of making money doing deals.

BUT, if you just must have some fancy logo so you feel good, I also suggest fiverr.com.

@Brian McCarron I like it! Any chance the tree could be changed to a palm? That would be very fitting for the Palmetto State!

My husband recently designed a website and logo for an close friend that is an investor in St.Louis. You can see it here- http://www.jzpropertiesstl.com

I'm sure he would be happy to take a look for you and help out a fellow South Carolinian! Let me know and I can put you in touch.

@Aaron Mazzrillo Oh, kinda harsh.

I'd say It depends on what sort of investing the OP is doing, whether he needs to sell to retail consumers, and how he's going to differentiate his product from other products.

If he's going to be managing property, the image projected can directly lead to increased income.

But, agreed on the gist - too many people concern themselves with inconsequential things rather than the hard things because it feels good. It doesn't matter how cool your kite is if there's no wind.

Originally posted by @Justin R. :

Aaron Mazzrillo Oh, kinda harsh.

I'd say It depends on what sort of investing the OP is doing, whether he needs to sell to retail consumers, and how he's going to differentiate his product from other products.

If he's going to be managing property, the image projected can directly lead to increased income.

Ah, I thought people came here to learn how to make real money and get financially free. I guess some people might be interested in creating a job for themselves and may need a company logo for that.

hey Brian, like others have said, fiverr.com is a good place to start. I can recommend one guy who did a great job for one of my other companies. I think the whole thing cost me less than $30, and he was even willing to follow up afterwards and provide font files, etc, when I asked. PM me if you'd like his info, or if you'd like me to introduce you. 

Another site I recommend is upwork. com. Level of work is generally higher (and is reflected in the prices). But like fiverr, there are the duds and the diamonds in the rough. 

Best of luck to you. A logo can go a long way in establishing your identity and make you feel and appear more legitimate. But don't lose too much sleep over it :)