Wholesaling in Canada

6 Replies

I am new to the real estate investing. I am just starting out mainly in wholesaling. I recently created a business page on facebook that I buy houses. I received a question if I buy houses in canada. I live in Texas. Is this possible to wholesale property in another country?  Would it be very difficult? I have not responded back to the person who asked yet because I don't want to say no and it is possible to do? Thanks

Tea,

Great to meet you welcome to the forum and yes I have Americans that bye in Canada and it's very doable. Let me know how I can help. I was born in Canada but deal with American investors all the time.

@Tea Doggett You can do this but, I would recommend that you get your experience state side first. There are not that many moving parts to a real estate transaction, they key is just getting yourself along the flow of cash as it reaches its final destination. What you are looking for is a joint venture or JV which would allow you to work with someone else in a remote location. Wish you the best!

Originally posted by @Jake E. :

@Tea Doggett You can do this but, I would recommend that you get your experience state side first. There are not that many moving parts to a real estate transaction, they key is just getting yourself along the flow of cash as it reaches its final destination. What you are looking for is a joint venture or JV which would allow you to work with someone else in a remote location. Wish you the best!

Hi Tea and congrats on the first step. I couldn't agree more with Jake. Before taking a huge leap across borders, I think making your region in Texas your bread butter first before taking on international deals. 

Welcome to BiggerPockets, Tea.Better to learn your state first then branch out there's a lot of information here on BiggerPockets lot of books and blogs to read that will help you out even in the Canada deal so good luck and may you prosper

Originally posted by @Tea Doggett :

I am new to the real estate investing. I am just starting out mainly in wholesaling. I recently created a business page on facebook that I buy houses. I received a question if I buy houses in canada. I live in Texas. Is this possible to wholesale property in another country?  Would it be very difficult? I have not responded back to the person who asked yet because I don't want to say no and it is possible to do? Thanks

Hey Tea

Not sure where you got the idea from, but being a Canadian I know many investors here. Less then 1% wholesale its much more difficult here our banking system is much safer we don't have undervalued properties in the same stock you do.

I think you would have an incredibly difficult time wholesaling here from Texas.