Where would you do your first deal?

8 Replies

Hello everybody, I'm Mike and I am a software engineer from Israel.

I've decided to start looking for my first deal at March and till then I save some money.

What kind of deals could be relevant for 30K$? 

Are there any or I should keep on saving money for now ? 

I'm trying to figure out if I should consider buying something outside of Israel, or the risk ain't worth it for that amount of money.

that's what i meant, is 120K should be enough for a decent deal, and what kind of a deal would you recommend for starting?

If the answer is going to be rentals, how much money should i put aside for renovating it? How much should be the difference between the rent income and mortgage payment?

@Saul L.

Can probably give you some insight about investing in the US from Israel.

But I would probably go with a different strategy than his with limited amount of money but there are lots of opportunities.

(I would be very careful about putting a hard money loan in front of your life savings! The HML WILL get paid will you?)

Originally posted by @Richard Dunlop :

@Saul L.

Can probably give you some insight about investing in the US from Israel.

But I would probably go with a different strategy than his with limited amount of money but there are lots of opportunities.

(I would be very careful about putting a hard money loan in front of your life savings! The HML WILL get paid will you?)

Actually I'm only 23 years old so thats not "life savings"... I just started working as a software engineer 10 month ago ...

What strategy would you recommend then? @Richard Dunlop

@Richard Dunlop thanks for the reference. Hope all going well with you.

@Michael Blitshtein If 30k is your budget, IMO its going to be pretty difficult and risky to invest effectively as a foreigner. I would suggest you look at crowdfunding opportunities , where you can invest smaller amounts, more hands off and diversify to spread your risk. Send me a message or call next week if you would like to discuss further. Am happy to chat.

Originally posted by @Saul L. :

@Richard Dunlop thanks for the reference. Hope all going well with you.

Way better than I predicted 5 months ago! How are things going for you?

@Michael Blitshtein If 30k is your budget, IMO its going to be pretty difficult and risky to invest effectively as a foreigner. I would suggest you look at crowdfunding opportunities...

I can't seem to understand the attraction to the crowd funding platform. What are the expected returns?

I read over a prospectus from one of the ones mentioned a lot on BP and they were going to lend money on mortgages. Are they getting a 6% return on their loans and then deducting a managing fee from that? I have more money in my pocket than they had total assets.

As others have suggested @Michael Blitshtein with your limited capital it maybe in your best interest to seek other investment opportunities unless you decide to save and wait to buy in your market. 

I would guide you to @Saul L. since he has already came recommended and he is from your backyard so can relate. 

Not sure what platforms you are looking at @Richard Dunlop - The crowdfunding platforms I am using all offer double digit returns after expenses on most of the investments and for sums as small as 5k. IMO for or someone like @Michael Blitshtein overseas this is a much more reasonable method to deploy his available 30 K across  5 or 6 diverse investments and reduce his risk and management headache vastly as compared to one 30K D grade property.