• Engineer
  • Ridgewood, NJ
Votes |
Went to my first NJ REIA Meeting!

Ryan Donohue
  • Engineer
  • Ridgewood, NJ
Posted Dec 16 2015, 09:51

Hoping this this the right place to write about this...

So, last night I went to my first ever REIA meeting after the first THOUGHT of REI came into my head about 3 weeks ago. I now have a huge stack of business cards and luckily from advice on here wrote on the back of their cards some notes after I met people. That way when I make my lists I'll know when to contact them. I signed up for a few lists and met people from rehabbers, buyers only(resid, comercial...etc), lawyers, title companies, and on and on. There were even guys there that are on BP who I'll add soon and listen to BiggerPockets Podcast! I got plenty of advice like:

-If you use a title company rather than a lawyer you'll "funnel" most through the TC rather than 3 lawyers battle it out(might be common sense for some people but I'm a newbie). 

-Also apparently theres certain MLS sites you can pay and still have access without being a realtor.

-Propertyshark.com and RedFin.com for comps. Comps are my biggest struggle now. Also knowing the ARV and a good guestimate on the repairs. ARV is top of my list.

Anyways, I learned a lot, met a lot of people, and will be going to A LOT more of them. If you're new like me I highly suggest it.  I know now that its possible I can really do this and know there's genuine people out there willing to help. Anyone from North NJ feel free to comment and ask if you're interested.  I want to help out too!

Loading replies...