Looking for FHA approved contractor in Kansas City

6 Replies

@Panela Leung , @Mike D'Arrigo is correct.  There has been a lot of confusion about this over the years.  The only "qualification" needed is your lender's approval of the contractors.  

Your lender is your best source for a qualified contractor that can handle all the issues and obstacles involved with a 203 loan.  If your lender doesn't have a list of contractors that they have approved, then you need to run from that lender because they have no business doing 203 or 203k loans!

Originally posted by @Panela Leung :

Hello BP!

I am currently looking for an FHA approved contractor in Kansas City.

Can you recommend someone?

Panela-

you can try a national datatbase of 203k Cerified Contractors @ www.203kcontractors.com this should solve your problem and get a qualified contractor easy if one is existing in your area

Originally posted by @Panela Leung :

Hello BP!

I am currently looking for an FHA approved contractor in Kansas City.

Can you recommend someone?

Hi Panela-

You can try the following resource for a Certified 203k Contractor www.203kcontractors.com , however, FHA does not approve individual contractors. The resource provided, does offer a credible resource for a contractor that has the necessary capacity to meet / deliver a project. Important items to note:

• Need a licensed/bonded General Contractor
  • Keep it simple use a GC - do not need to coordinate yourself and gather individual estimates
  • You want to make sure they have a verifiable track record working with this product
  • Financial Capacity is important as you want someone who can fund and carry the project to enhance your speed and efficiency. (The larger the project the important this factor)
  • You need to insure the contractor is aware you are in need of a specific structure for the paperwork. They must be able to produce a comprehensive material & labor breakdown for each item.
  • Use a credible space not just anyone.

I assure you based on experience and being an expert in this space, you need to really get a good reference and verify credibility of capacity. Use the resource I sent first, engage and et estimates, pick the most competent, your project will be a breeze.

Much Luck