Votes
Blake Reynolds
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
**Advice** First time homebuyer/Investor

Blake Reynolds
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Jan 18 2016, 19:49

I have been on a hiatus from biggerpockets for the last few months. I started out looking to learn how to invest and get into the game but a few big life changes put that on hold for the time being. I ended up moving from St. Paul, MN to Salt Lake City, UT and I spent most of my time and focus on finding a job once I got here. 

I have finally secured a J.O.B. so my next step would be to start spending more of my time and focus learning about investing in real estate. That brings me to my main point. I am really looking to purchase a home as a primary residence as well as my first investment property. I would prefer acquiring a mutli family unit but I would be fine with a single family as well as long as I could rent out any extra rooms. As of right now I don't make enough to qualify to purchase anything traditionally so I am looking for advice or suggestions as to how to acquire a residence without having to go through traditional financing. I am aware of FHA and other government programs to assist in home buying but I really don't consider that a viable option at this point.

I am really looking for someone in the Salt Lake area to talk with about some different options as I am looking to gain experience in the process as a whole. Ideally I would like to be into a home by the end of summer. My lease on my apartment is up then and I would rather be paying money to build equity rather than wasting it on just rent alone. 

If anybody has any advice/suggestions on the matter I would love to talk more about it and I would really appreciate any input. 

Thanks BP

Loading replies...