Starting Out
Account Closed
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Discouraged by realtor?

Account Closed
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Apr 4 2016, 19:24

Hey Bigger Pockets community! I'm new to the real estate world and have been absorbing as much as I can the past few months through books, podcasts, and these forums. I'm most interested in the buy/fix and hold strategy like BRRRR. I live in the northern part of DFW where the market seems to be pretty crazy with great deals not coming around very often. I can't express how grateful I am for a place like BP where people genuinely are here to help. The rest of the Internet could learn a thing or two from everyone here.

I contacted a real estate agent last week based on a referral and went through my list of questions asking about their experience with investment properties instead of just move in ready homes for families. They stated they currently work with 4 investors but are all pretty much at a stand still because of the lack of deals that come around. They also said foreclosures are close to retail prices right now and that short sales would be the best bet for a good deal.

I know that agents should only be 1 of many stream for finding properties but it was a little deflating to hear. Is driving for dollars, direct mailers, and wholesalers the only way to find decent deals in this market?

Thanks!

Stephen

Loading replies...