Starting Out
Account Closed
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Grad school or REI?

Account Closed
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Apr 21 2016, 16:48
Hello, everyone! Let me say first how I love , love BiggerPockets!! Second- I got a situation here: i graduated from UCLA last year (biochem degree) then left to Russia to do some investments there ( got the whole family there to take care of properties) due to taking an advantage of ruble falling and losing more than half of its value. (1 dollar was 32 rubl before- than it became around 80 rubl, now its 63-64). I thought to myself that I go to states and do some investments here.... Get FHA loan, get a duplex/triplex....But then i got a surprising acceptance to grad school that also offers me some good scholarship. I do have a downpayment for a the house or either I use it towards paying for grad school. Right now Im looking towards a job (real estate) where I can get a sense of what I actually want. I m not looking forward to work in the lab, that is why I am more oriented towards grad school which opens new opportunities. To be honest, I need a job that will provide a good pay so I can invest on the side (in that case I wont go to grad school) . For now (have been looking fir a month) I can't locate a job that actually will let me have a good pay (yet). Im not using income coming from investments in Russia/neither I am planning on selling those properties soon. I am waiting until the economy is going to stabilize there and ruble will get steady along with market appreciation (prices in Russia are all the time growing up). What would you do? Go to grad school or continue investment journey? By the way, I am from LA and I am a duel citizen (US and RF). If this journey looks confusing to you- sorry - i had to do decisions sometimes not based on my best interest but for the interest of my family. Right now its only about me. :) Best Regards, Tatiana.

Loading replies...