Kelly Moffat
  • Everett, WA
Votes |
"Millionaire mindset"

Kelly Moffat
  • Everett, WA
Posted Jun 1 2016, 14:21

Hello all, 

I am just starting out in this real estate investing business and I need advice from like-minded individuals. I went to one of those "guru" classes last August and ended up purchasing a course package. Before you give me the "you shouldn't have done that" speech, I did because I didn't know any better. I ended up talking out a loan and maxing out my credit cards to do so. Not the smartest things to do, but I was so caught up in believing in myself that I didn't think it through. 

Fast forward to present and I have been trying to work with a banker to consolidate my debts. She is trying to tell me that I shouldn't (and can't) invest with all this debt and is suggesting I get a second (and  possibly third) job to start payin down my credit cards. She has quoted Dave Ramsey and it's very clear this what she believes. 

My question for you is: what would you do? 

My instinct is to get a second job because I know that'll bring in some cash but I also feel like it'll bring me farther from my dreams, if that makes sense. I don't want to be a five-figure thinker, yet I feel like getting a second job is the five-fogure thinker thing to do. 

Thoughts? 

Much thanks and appreciation! 

~Kelly 

Loading replies...