• Realtor
  • Lubbock, TX
Votes |
Closed on my 2nd property!

Jordan Sutherland
  • Realtor
  • Lubbock, TX
Posted Sep 27 2016, 20:41

Hey guys, I'm a new investor in Lubbock, TX!   I'm 23 years old and I started learning about real estate investing about four months ago and I decided to focus on buy and hold investing based on my skill set. I puchased my own home about a year and a half ago and purchased a duplex in July that is currenty rented out. The duplex has been treating me well with good cashflow. Today, I closed on my second property, a single family residence. I got the property for $95,000 and had the seller pay for all wanted repairs before closing. I've been advertising the property online for the past week and already had a few families put in rental applications for $1100 monthly rent. After closing on my first property and reading Brandon Turner's books, I gained confidence in real estate investing! I will hopefully have my third rental unit rented out by next week. I just wanted to let all the other newbies know that with all the great info available on BP, I have been able to start my real estate investing career successfully (so far) and I can't wait to aquire my next rental. It IS possible for beginners to start building wealth with real estate. For all you other newbies out there, you can do it! And once you get over the first hump and get your first property everything will get easier and fall into place. I can't thank the BP community enough for all of the shared wisdom! Good luck out there and God bless!

Loading replies...