Where do I go from here?

2 Replies

Hello everyone! I would consider myself an investor in his infancy. I am from Sugarland TX. 

Currently I have 2 properties (one in Magnolia TX and other in Katy TX).

1st Property ($191k purchase price built 2013)  is Netting $400 a month after all expenses (This was our 1st personal home then leased out)

2nd Property ($192k purchase price built 2010) is Netting $350 a month after all expenses .

I had put 20% down payment for both homes to avoid PMI.

The house we currently live in (2014 built) also was purchased for $350k with 20% down.

I have made additional payments on my current personal house and now my equity in it is about $160k. 

I am confused as it to where to go from here.

Do I take a HELOC and get 4th home..5th home ? Or just ride as it is.

@Mohammed Siddiqui , I would have you say with 2 income properties under your belt you are a little past the infancy stage. But the question I have for you is what are you looking to get out of these rentals. If you are looking to build an income stream from them then you should consider a LOC to use some of your equity in your personal property for down payments for more rentals. At this point you seem to have the landlord aspect figured out, I do not know your area but something to consider would be multi family, like a duplex or triplex. you can have multiple tenants under 1 roof and increase your monthly profit.

@Michael Karl , thank you for your response. I am trying to have paid off homes (preferably 5) that will help me supplement additional income when I am close to 50 (stretch goal). I am 35 now. Since these homes that I own are fairly new, I plan to hold them for a long period (10+ years). 

I have approached my lender for a LOC but they said that based on my debt to income ratio I would not qualify for additional loans.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here