Where do I go from here?

2 Replies

Hello everyone! I would consider myself an investor in his infancy. I am from Sugarland TX. 

Currently I have 2 properties (one in Magnolia TX and other in Katy TX).

1st Property ($191k purchase price built 2013)  is Netting $400 a month after all expenses (This was our 1st personal home then leased out)

2nd Property ($192k purchase price built 2010) is Netting $350 a month after all expenses .

I had put 20% down payment for both homes to avoid PMI.

The house we currently live in (2014 built) also was purchased for $350k with 20% down.

I have made additional payments on my current personal house and now my equity in it is about $160k. 

I am confused as it to where to go from here.

Do I take a HELOC and get 4th home..5th home ? Or just ride as it is.

@Mohammed Siddiqui , I would have you say with 2 income properties under your belt you are a little past the infancy stage. But the question I have for you is what are you looking to get out of these rentals. If you are looking to build an income stream from them then you should consider a LOC to use some of your equity in your personal property for down payments for more rentals. At this point you seem to have the landlord aspect figured out, I do not know your area but something to consider would be multi family, like a duplex or triplex. you can have multiple tenants under 1 roof and increase your monthly profit.

@Michael Karl , thank you for your response. I am trying to have paid off homes (preferably 5) that will help me supplement additional income when I am close to 50 (stretch goal). I am 35 now. Since these homes that I own are fairly new, I plan to hold them for a long period (10+ years). 

I have approached my lender for a LOC but they said that based on my debt to income ratio I would not qualify for additional loans.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.