Where do I start?

2 Replies

Hi guys! My name is Kenneth and I'm 18 years old and an engineering freshman in university. Lately I've been looking for ways to build wealth in the future mainly for the short term. Just recently was I introduced to real estate investing through youtube. I found that it is quite possible to build long term wealth and live off the income generated from rental properties. I am also the type of guy who doesn't want to work for a boss which is why it is quite possible that I may start my own company in the future although I am trying to see whether it is a viable option and if I am able to gain the necessary knowledge and think of an idea good enough to launch a successful business. I would however take a full-time job in order to make money for investing in real estate. It's something where I am responsible for my own actions so I call the shots. I'm really new to real estate and don't really know much at all (a true newbie). So my main question is: where should I start in my education (other than bigger pockets)? There's so much to learn!

Hi @Kenneth Noronha . I wish I had your vision and knowledge at 18 years old.

It's a very personal question as to where to start. Just keep learning as you are. Attend meetings at your local REIA and network. Pick one or two things then start doing.
Keep us posted on your real estate adventures.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.