McKittrick and Taft, California

2 Replies

Are there any investors that are active in McKittrick and/or Taft, California area?  Im looking to get into a flip or potential brrrr, but I live in Nipomo were the property values are just too high for me to get involved with.  These two towns are about 2 hrs away so I think I could make it work. Any guidance is appreciated!  

I have units in Taft. There are pros and cons to it - because that town is so small the vacancies are longer than they are in larger cities surrounding it. The tenants seem to be fairly long term but when they leave it's a bit harder to find new tenants, so vacancies can be a full month or two long. Other than that, not too bad of a town to own a rental property in - it's cheap to buy there and it's only an hour away from where I live so I can drive there if need be. I haven't done a flip out there, I don't think Taft is the best place to do a SFR flip, but rehabbing a multi-unit rental property (BRRRR) worked well for me.

I have a wonderful contact for you in the Taft market. Private pm me.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here