I want to Invest!

5 Replies

Hello BiggerPockets,

Its been a while since I've been on BiggerPockets but I'd love to ask some questions but beforehand if you didn't see my much needed to be updated profile I am a Real Estate agent in Fall River,MA I mainly deal with multi families or commercial residential investment properties(Last sale 9000sq ft building for 33k 5 2-3 bed apartments and two party halls with commercial kitchen rehab 150k ARV around 300k for quick sale) I am the youngest agent in Massachusetts at least I was until last March when I turned 19! So this coming month will be a year in Real Estate and after paying all my bills, having my second son, I managed to save $25k and intend to have $30k going into the new year. I want to begin investing but I don't know if I have enough well I know I don't have enough for a 20% down on a commercial loan or a HML and I have no track record for Private loans or for someone to partner with me. In this case what can i do should I find a Fix and Flip or Buy and Hold. Should I wait and save up more. I really want to get down and dirty I am an Agent and a proven agent, listing and helping buyers attain way below market value for properties, So I know I can buy a good deal and manage a buy and hold. I also am confident I can purchase a great rehab project and do 80% of work except electric and plumbing( Fall River agents have the Portuguese construction in them I kid but I am studying for my CSL Unrestricted so I have a good eye for bidding out prospective properties and can do a thorough bid to be on budget for all seen issues! ) So yes I am sorry i had a bit of a lot going on but lets get a discussion going about this!

Warm Regards,

Mateus Silva

If you plan on investing in boston. Try looking into the 1st time home buyers class (Boston Home Center). You can get into it with low to almost no money down.

@Mateus Silva Welcome.

I'd stick to Fall River, sounds like you know it well!

@Mateus Silva I think you just explained plenty of value that you could bring to a partnership, so that would be what I would focus on right now. Then depending on what your goals on you can choose a specific strategy.

Welcome back to the community @Mateus Silva ! My recruiter Nicole Johnson actually put you on my radar a few months ago as a good agent to bring over to the brokerage, lol. Sounds like you've been hitting the ground running! There are a few ways you can get started into RE investing with that downpayment. When I didn't have job history I used consigners to buy a few properties. Let's meet up and we can discuss some of your options as far where you stand now and where you are looking to go. Also we have been holding a monthly REA meetup in my office each second Thursday of the month. Next one is in the tenth at 6pm at my office in Fall River. I would love to have you join us!

@Gualter Amarelo I'd love to attend next meeting! Also If you have any Ideas or properties in mind that can be bought using some creative ways or partners looking to invest!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here