Losing Motivation

6 Replies

i am currently wanting to get into the house flipping business. I am very passionate about it. 

I have not been as motivated as I was in the beginning.. I feel that I have every reason not to do it. 

NO MONEY, NO CREDIT, NO PARTNER, NO DEAL...

But i do believe that i should be doing this.. Trying to stay motivated to and keep moving forward.. 

I work as a structural engineer and i have some construction knowledge.. i have access to down payment money but not able to get a loan.. i know about hard money but i am.looking for a partner and a deal.. 

Any advise...

@Dominique Jones Don't give up! The real estate game is a hustle that has ups and downs. I really believe that if you are able to get through the down times, the up times will be so much better. I recommend you attend all the investor meet ups in your area. You will eventually find what you are looking for!

Whats holding you back? im in the same boat as you. only thing holding me back is Knowledge. i have bad credit, no money, but lots of time. i spend my weekends looking at unkept houses and try to find out the situation, maybe i can wholesale it. maybe i can ask my bro to co sign a loan to flip it. I want to at least be knowledgeable enough to have people be confident in me even though i lack experience. I suggest youIat unkept properties and give the owners a call or knock on their doors. they might not be interested now, but the idea might linger in their heads for a couple of months and call you when you may be in a better situation.

Originally posted by @Emmanuel Gonzalez :

Whats holding you back? im in the same boat as you. only thing holding me back is Knowledge. i have bad credit, no money, but lots of time. i spend my weekends looking at unkept houses and try to find out the situation, maybe i can wholesale it. maybe i can ask my bro to co sign a loan to flip it. I want to at least be knowledgeable enough to have people be confident in me even though i lack experience. I suggest youIat unkept properties and give the owners a call or knock on their doors. they might not be interested now, but the idea might linger in their heads for a couple of months and call you when you may be in a better situation.

i believe what is holding me back is that i am not in the city I want to invest.. Nashville is way too expensive for me right now, so i am looking in birmingham, AL. i have someone there but i dod not feel they are as invested as I am. I need someone who really wants to be a partner in birmingham. i believe that is holding me back.. n of cours3 money but i believe if i find a deal the money i will find..

I suggest learning to wholesale while you save up and find partners. I believe every sucessful investor should have a tool box full of skills, that include wholesaling, flipping, renting, buy and hold, creative finance and more! Have you been to REIA meetings? They always keep me focused. I also have a growing audibles library, and a ton of podcasts. keep yourself busy and always learning.

Dominique - a few questions for you.... How many hours a week are you spending in your real estate endeavors? How many deals a week are you analyzing? How many new people are you meeting a week? How many REIN meetings are you going to a month? Be honest in your response.

Don't let your limiting beliefs stop you from achieving your goals. If you want to invest in Nashville, then invest in Nashville and stop wasting your time in another city. There are plenty of deals happening in our city.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here