Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Raeshelle C.
  • anywhere, MA
Votes |
Would you take out a business loan as a down payment?

Raeshelle C.
  • anywhere, MA
Posted Nov 3 2016, 20:43

On the mortgage of a n investment property? Here's an example. I found an investment property on loopnet.com and did analyzed the deal as an example. 

A 5-unit investment property with an asking price of $352K and an annual net income of $33706 is listed on loopnet. So I calculated an example. 

20% of 352K is $70400 but there's also closing costs. So let's assume you take out a business loan of $80400, just as an example, as a down payment on this house.

The business loan then, would be $479/mo for 30 years with an interest rate of 6% according to the calculator on bankrate.com.

As for the property, there's 5 units. The PITI = $1981/mo. PLUS expenses (maintenance = 10%, repairs = 10%, management = 12%), PLUS the business loan = around $393.

So our gross monthly income of $5000 - $3093 of EVERYTHING we need to pay each month = around $1900 in net monthly income. 

In this deal, assuming I did it right, would you say that taking out a business loan to pay for the down payment on this particular house would be a good idea?

This is to ask, is taking out a business loan to pay for the down payment on houses in general a good idea? Looking for creative ways to get in the game. Thanks for your help!

Loading replies...