• San Diego, CA
Votes |
OK I really want to get moving

John Dombrowski
  • RE Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Feb 11 2017, 11:53

Hi All,

So I have been around BP for a year now soaking up all I can. I am 56 I finally lost my IT job of 19 years so I really want to try and get started with this RE gig. I have about $200K in my 401K that I need some help to roll it over into a solo401K or something so I can use to invest but from what I am finding out is that I can't do that unless I can show some self employment income. I also have about $40K of severance pay coming in too but I will probably need that to live on for a while.

If I can get access to my 401K funds I would maybe be interested in buying something out of state in the NW Indiana area because that is where i grew up but came to San Diego in 1989.

I will still probably get another regular job for a while but I don't think I can make anywhere near what I was making when I got laid off. But we also plan to retire somewhere in Colorado in about 5 more years so maybe something out there too would be of interest.

Anyway, if any of you out there on BP can help me get started with my RE investing I would love to hear from you.

Thanks and lets get this party started.... :-)

--JD

Loading replies...