Votes
Raeshelle C.
  • anywhere, MA
Votes |
Best way to invest with $20-$25K?

Raeshelle C.
  • anywhere, MA
Posted Mar 15 2017, 10:00

I'm currently saving right now, but I estimate that in 3 years I will have saved $20K-$25K. I'm 27.

I want to make $10K/mo and retire early. What I'm having trouble with is, if I use that $20-25K on real estate, I need help finding out how I should begin with my investing. I know I am just saving now, but I like to create a plan. I don't know which is the best path to go down if I want to make $10K/mo within 10 years of buying my first rental. I live in MA and houses here are not cheap. What I'd like to do is buy multifamilies that are in fair/good condition (no repairs needed) using the FHA loan, but all the multifamilies around here that's cheap, near where I work, all need repairs. The cheap multifamilies that dont need work are far from my job so I can't live in them with FHA. I don't have extra money to pay for repairs, and saving extra for that would take even longer, and that would delay my wealth.

Then I was thinking, I'll just invest in out-of-state turnkey single families in places like Alabama, Georgia and Florida because down payments for those houses would be cheap, since the houses down there are cheap. But I would also be taking out one loan after another to buy these single family houses. I fear I would get rejected by the banks, like they may not allow me to have all these loans; I also fear it's too dangerous to take out so many loans too (I cant buy houses in cash). I know I'd only be making around $250/mo in cash flow after expenses too, per turnkey single family house, in the first couple years. I just really don't know what the best option is as far as real estate investing, that's doable for me. I'd only have $20-25K to start with.

Can anyone give strategies?

Loading replies...