Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Raymond Guillotte
  • Medford, MA
Votes |
Looking to get started in about 12 - 18 months.

Raymond Guillotte
  • Medford, MA
Posted Jun 21 2017, 06:56

Hey all. This is my first post on BiggerPockets and I look forward to interacting with everyone! I am two years out of college and it is clear to me that there has got to be a better way to financial freedom then my current situation, hence why I am here, and looking to make my first investment property purchase within the next two years.

A little background on myself:

BA in Accounting but looking to make a transition to finance (sitting for CFA I in Dec.)

Working full time in Boston, MA and have a weekend job, making about 55k total (hoping to land a new job soon that will up my annual income).

Paying about 1500/mo. in student loans (I know this is crazy but I've never missed a payment and I plan on refinancing by the end of this year, just looking to build my credit a little more before I refi.)

Paying around 600 in rent every month.

No car at the moment because i can use public transportation at the moment.

Credit score currently hovering around 700 looking to get it closer to 750 by the time I buy a multifamily.

I live pretty frugally at the moment, and can even make some more cuts to save even more every month. I should have about 10-15k saved by the time I want to make a home purchase.

I am looking to invest in MA specifically the South Coast (not southshore) area as this is a lot cheaper.

Really looking for any advice that anyone has: does my current plan sound feasible, things I should know/look out for? Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys in advance!

Loading replies...