Getting started in real estate.

3 Replies

Hey everyone!

I am a new real estate investor in the south west Michigan area and I am wanting to buy my first property very soon! My goal is to buy and hold single family homes and with gaining experience start flipping. I would absolutely love to meet with some experienced investors to talk in my area. Any advice would be much appreciated thanks!

This post has been removed.

Hi Stephanie,

Definitely start educating yourself via whatever method you find you best learn (books, podcasts, etc). Personally I like podcasts and there are a lot of great ones including Biggerpockets, Jason Hartman's Creating Wealth, Investing in RE w/ Clayton Morris, and The Real Estate Guys to name a few.

Good luck!

Yes I listen to podcasts everyday and try to get through one book each week when work isn’t busy. I do plan on buying single family homes to rent out. I currently live in a city with 3 total colleges (1 community and 2 University’s) that I believe would be a great start to learn with renting. I have an amazing mentor who is a relator and owns multiple rental properties from single family to apartment complexes. I also have a team ready so when I do get a property we are ready to face it head on! My biggest problem is finding the financials to get into my first property.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here