Recommendations in Augusta

5 Replies

Hello BP!

As I am getting ready to secure financing and the final touches are being put into an LLC for my partner and I, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good realtor with a focus on investment properties, ideally multifamilies. We are also in need of recommendations in the property management realm, we thought we had a good group set up but it seems that they are not too interested in our business so we are looking elsewhere. Any recommendations or rants of people that aren't good to work with in the Augusta, GA area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gus

@Gustavo Lopez , you can find plenty of investor-focused real estate agents and a couple property management options at the next Augusta REIA meet up, if you're able to make it. The REIA meets at the Columbia County Library the 2nd Thursday of every month, from 7:15 PM to 8:15 PM (doors open closer to 6:30 PM). Hope to see you there!

@Joel C. so if I am not mistaken that would take place this Thursday, October 12? What topics do y'all discuss at your meetings?

@Gustavo Lopez , yessir, this Thursday would be correct. The monthly meetings are heavy on networking, with speakers usually taking 20-30 minutes to cover the month's topic - Facebook is the best place to stay current on what the month's topic is. The rest of the meeting time is networking, Q&A, a deal board, and talk about upcoming local events. 

Last month, we had a successful local agent who got his start through REIA, Jim Hadden, come share his story and talk about where he sees the market moving over the next few years. The month before that, we had a tax attorney talk about tax implications of flipping and renting. We've had the county tax commissioner, lawyers, a home inspector, panel discussions about various investing topics, and one Home Depot demonstration that some of the newer members requested.

Thursday will be a long-time local investor, Mr. Cliff Channel, coming out to talk about how the game has (and hasn't) changed during his ~50 years of investing here in the CSRA. I've never heard his story before, but I'm told it should be a great session. 

Hey there, guys! What is the facebook group called?  I'm in the Augusta Area and would love to get to one of the meetups!  I'm about a week into real-estate investment learning and I've been drinking from a fire hose.  I'd love to put theories into practical steps and get into the game.

@Jesse Carter , you can find us on Facebook by searching Augusta REIA. This month's meeting was pushed back due to some conflicting conferences, so we'll out at Columbia County library tomorrow night if you want to come join us. Hope to see you there!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here