Do you visit every property you offer

2 Replies

Hi,

Dumb question, but do you all visit every property you purchase?

I'm looking at some deals 6 hours away from me. I'm getting to prepared to drive out there this weekend but want to see if I really need to do that.

I need to understand what any costs to repair may be, but could I alternatively send an inspector?

As I'm just starting out I haven't built solid enough relationships yet to trust ALL of the information I get. Sadly, I'm a naturally skeptical person. "Trust but verify" right?

Appreciate anyone's insights.

Thanks,
Joe

I don't look at any properties I make "offers" on...until my offer is accepted.  Waste of time.  Offers are based on what my numbers need to be, not what the property/seller "tells" me they want.  If I get an offer accepted, and I inspect it, and the property doesn't want to "play nice" with my numbers, I withdraw my offer.  That's why you have an inspection period in your offer.

In the time you took to drive out to this property (6 hours...wasted), and inspected it, and found out you liked it, I've already made my offer (and probably 30 others...or more), and got it accepted.

if you're starting out investing, I would suggest getting something closer to you and seeing it first. Once you become a seasoned investor and know how to get out of deals and know more about condition by pics and word alone, you can offer without seeing it

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here