My first offer to a seller

5 Replies

Good afternoon everyone. As a rookie investor, I am about to make an offer to a property where my maximum allowable offer is $35,000 dlls less than what the owner of the house is asking for. Do you guys have any pointers on how should I do it, how should I approach the owner of the property to make them understand why we are making such offer. Thank you very much beforehand for the advice and have an amazing rest of the day

Its hard to say without knowing what %  of a discount that represents or the properties days on the market.  I would ask my realtor to send a note with the offer saying this is your absolute max and try an emotional appeal with the sellers.   

i.e. you LOVE the property but only have the funds for xxx and hope they're willing to work with you... etc 

is the $35,000 a 10% discount to the asking price or is more like a 30% discount? Need more info.

the seller is asking $120,000 i found it in the Cameron county appraisal district and the price they showed was $103,000

Thats going to be a tough sell...  but you never know unless you try.

What have you got to lose?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here